Reading, PA 19601 US
Special Education – Paraprofessional/1:1/Personal Care Aide-$23/hour
Special Education Paraprofessional Role Overview:
Special education paraprofessionals, 1:1s, and/or Personal Care Aides assist students with special needs under the direction of a certified teacher, supervisor of special education, and/or director of special education/pupil services. The special education paraprofessional may be assigned to work directly with one student or assigned to multiple students within the same classroom.
Special Education Paraprofessional Responsibilities:
- Working 1:1 with a student with special needs or as a paraprofessional in a classroom setting assisting multiple students to reinforce learning of materials or skills in the IEP or positive behavior support plan, including: toileting, feeding, or managing behaviors.
- To assist, support, and work closely with teachers, administrators, and other team members in
- providing quality instruction and support to achieve the goals stated in the student’s IEP (Individualized Education Program) or positive behavior support plan.
- Assists the teacher in preparing materials and equipment for direct instructional activity, including locating, copying, collating, distributing, and/or grouping materials to support instructional activities planned by the teacher.
- Participates in district professional learning activities which align with school improvement goals.
Special Education Paraprofessional Role Requirements:
- Maintains a pattern of prompt and regular attendance as prescribed in welcome letter, and conducts themselves in a professional manner.
- Adjusts to work assignments and/or schedule changes at the discretion of the classroom teacher, supervisor, or GHR representative, including non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack time, class change, clothing routines, and getting on and off the bus.
GHR’s Education Staffing Division provides more than 50 school districts in PA, NJ, and DE, with over 650 special education paraprofessionals, 1:1s, and PCAs. All full-time employees are eligible to receive health, vision, dental insurance, and 401k. All employees are covered by GHR’s workman’s comp, and general and professional liability insurance.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.